Air Pressure Experiment

Title: Air Pressure Experiment

Purpose:

Attempting to understand air pressure

Hypothesis/Prediction (What I think will happen and why?)

I think that the air pressure from the hair dryer will make the ball levitate but if you were to move it around the air from the haixr dryer will go everywhere depending on how fast you move it. If you move the hair dryer slowly, the ball could possibly stay in the air, but if moved even a little bit fast the ball will fall. 

Equipment/Materials

Hair Dryer

Ping Pong Ball

Method

1. Grab your hair dryer and plug it into something so that it is on.
  2. Next grab your ping pong ball and while holding it, put it over the ball.
  3. After that, turn the hair dryer on and let the ping pong ball go.

Discussion

L . I think that the air pressure from the hair dryer will make the ball levitate but if you were to move it around the air from the hair dryer will go everywhere depending on how fast you move it. If you move the hair dryer slowly, the ball could possibly stay in the air, but if moved even a little bit fast the ball will fall. 

S . I had seen the ball floating above the hairdryer and it was fun because when I cranked up the pressure I didn’t expect it to still hover over top, it was also exciting because when I was moving the hair dryer the ball was still over the hairdryer but I thought that it was going to fall off 

M  What happened was when we oned hair drier we had to start off on low heat and then start turning the heat up . 

Conclusion

In the end, my hypothesis was right and the ball floated when it was above the hair dryer which was on. 

One thought on “Air Pressure Experiment

1. Hi Logan, I really enjoy reading your Science experiment hope you had fun doing this and I really like how you do everything in sentences instead of just some wrods keep up the great work !